9 Internet Marketplaces (you didn’t know) You Can Sell Your Products
Posted February 10, 2017 by Chad Myers in eCommerce Website, Marketing Strategy
You’ve spent years designing a product and it’s now ready to be bought by the masses, or you’ve finally received that first large wholesale order from the manufacturer and you’re ready to start selling! Now what?!?!
Hopefully you’ve already planned out (and I’m sure you have) your customer acquisition plan and your secondary sales channels. You’ve mapped out the SEO strategy to capture consumers “Googling” for products similar to yours. The PPC strategy is in place and you’ve created a myriad of ads based on keywords related to your products that are sure to catch the eye of consumers on search engines or social channels.
And being the savvy ecommerce marketer you are, you’ve considered using marketplaces as a secondary sales channels to reach even more customers. Of course you know of the big ones, Amazon & eBay, but are your consumers on those channels, and/or will your product sell at the profit you need on those channels? Possibly, but if not are there other marketplaces that offer a strong consumer + profit fit? Of course.
Here’s a quick list of internet marketplaces sorted by gross merchandise volume. Of course Amazon is the king of the hill (by a large amount) and eBay and Walmart round out the top three.
Etsy is the belle of the ball with the largest year over year GMV (Gross Merchandise Volume), but also that it’s the biggest marketplace that offers handmade or vintage items and supplies, as well as unique factory-manufactured items.
Newegg and Rakuten (formerly Buy.com) have been around for awhile, and while continuing to lose market share to Amazon they still hang their hat on electronics. Sears is late to the game of truly general marketplaces and trying to keep up with Amazon and Walmart.
Bluefly and Farfetch are emerging as the fashion marketplaces for women, men and children.
Jet is the new kid on the block, and getting a lot of attention and also market share. Jet emerged in 2015 and decided to take on the giant – Amazon. Jet offers no membership fee and still provides free 2 day shipping.
Interested in Selling Your Products in These Marketplaces? Let’s Talk.
If you’re looking for a marketplaces that’s less “mainstream” here’s a quick list of 9 marketplaces you can list your products on today!
- Pricefalls.com – Pricefalls, LLC is an American Internet company that manages Pricefalls.com, an on-line retail marketplace. Pricefalls acts as a sales channel for small- to medium-size businesses who wish to expose their products to a wider audience.
- Bonanza.com – Bonanza provides “a marketplace with one-click publishing to all major buyer channels (Google Shopping, TheFind, Nextag, Pricegrabber, etc). Until you make a sale, we pay all advertising costs on your behalf. We only make money when you make money. No listing fees, no monthly store fees, no other sneaky fees.”
- eCrater.com – eCRATER is both a free web store builder and an online marketplace. If you are a seller you can create your own free online store in minutes. If you are a buyer you can browse and search among millions of products. All eligible products are submitted to Google Shopping. You can also easily import your eBay products.
- iOffer.com – Allows buyers and sellers to negotiate to buy and sell items in an interactive and open format.
- Sell.com: A merchant advertising and e-commerce solutions where you can buy or sell: pets, autos, homes, computers, and fashion for sale by owner.
- 3tailer.com – 3tailer offers an extensive selection of quality products that range from home décor to lighting, furniture to office supplies, health & medical, outdoor & sports, and much more – over 200,000 products!
- ArtFire.com – The ArtFire marketplace is home to artisan goods of all kinds. From handmade jewelry and crafts, to vintage clothing and supplies you’ll find what your creative soul craves on ArtFire.
- ShopHandMade.com – 100% fee free marketplace for sellers of amazing handmade items.
- Zibbet.com – Zibbet is a marketplace powered by a global community of independent artists, crafters and vintage collectors. It’s a place where you can buy the most amazing, unique and inspiring products that can’t be found anywhere else.